Wednesday, May 3, 2023

enough is enough

Will any of you be honest enough to tell me WHY you need an AR-15?  I see no use for these weapons other than military and or law enforcement yet they are every freakin' where and being used to murder innocents on a daily basis.  Please don't give me the "mental health" excuse.  It is much easier to get a gun than to get mental health care in this country.  We are past the point of thoughts and prayers y'all.  It is time for action and unfortunately a lot of politicians are in the bed with the NRA.  Money talks, ya know.  

I am not anti-gun.  I am anti-repeating weapons.  If you need this to hunt with, you are a very bad shot. If you get off on owning one because of the powerful feelings it gives you, you are the problem.  Not everyone has evil motives with this type of weapon, but a lot of people do and they can be stolen and used for mass murder.  

Our local high school supposedly got a "false report" today of an active shooter.  I suppose that is today's equivalent of the bomb threats of my youth.  How many more innocents need to die before something is done?  "Vote" I am told.  I feel pretty helpless because my vote doesn't count anymore.  Everyone from Trump on down cries election fraud when they don't get their way.  This sows discord and a lack of belief in our electoral system.  Conspiracy theories abound, and people are stupid enough to follow like sheep.  THAT is the problem.  When people like that have access to firearms, it's never good.  It's still baffling to me that the Jan 6th insurrection happened at all, and in plain view with the blessings of the instigator himself.  Our country is sick and I feel powerless to do anything other than pray for the best.

My granddaughter is five years old, the age of many of the kids killed at Sandy Hook.  The burden has been put on schools to protect children like her and it is an enormous task.  Teachers and administrators should not have to add fear of getting killed by a lunatic with a gun who is on a mission.  I had a mini-meltdown and talk with God yesterday.  Unsure of the cause of my anguish I worked through it with Him until I finally confessed "I'm scared."  I am scared of the world today and the lack of civil engagement.  For every random act of kindness, there is another act of violence for no reason.  I'm scared of what will happen to me if the debt ceiling is not raised and I lose my only source of income.  I'm scared of growing old alone.  

Most days I can pray and ask for guidance and find some peace. Other days feel overwhelming.  This is not a lack of faith.  It is a reality check for all of us.  

Do the next right thing ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment