Thursday, May 25, 2023

i had a dream

It was a bad one and reached far back into my memory of a time that I was totally ambushed and betrayed by some people at work.  In the dream I lying on the floor facing them and for some reason I rolled toward them and fell out of the dang bed!  WHOP on the hardwood.  The major point of impact was my right side and it hurt.  A lot.  Soooo, I went to the doctor and got an x-ray.  Nothing was broken but sometimes bruises hurt worse than breaks.  That's where I'm at.  It hurts to breathe.  The worse pain I've EVER had was a bruised tailbone.  It took six weeks for that to resolve after Ellie pulled me down on the pavement smack on my butt.  Which was only three months post-op from the big one.  

The whole world is mourning Tina Turner, both young and old.  She was an icon and they are all aging just like me.  In spite of my age, I applied for a job today and start next week.  It won't pay the rent or electric if SS doesn't hit but, it's something.  I'm wondering if all us retirees can sue the government or something if they fail to pay us what we earned through years of hard work.  Even if it's late, that's a problem. I retired in good faith that it would be there for me and now a political showdown is causing us all to worry about not having grocery or gas money.  Disgusting. Those of you who are still employed will be affected too.

I'm sick of all of it.  If I end up in a cooling shelter because I don't have the money to pay Forked Deer Electric the government will be paying the cost for that.  What's the difference?  I guess because the cost is shifted from the federal to the state level.  Which in Tennessee means we're all screwed.  I'm about to become a vegetarian and not by choice.  A pack of chicken breasts costs as much as half a tank of gas.  Seafood is outrageous as are all other meats.  So, let us eat purple hull peas.

On a side note, I lost my distance glasses somewhere today on my way from here to there and home.  Both places I went looked, and they were nowhere to be found *sigh*  This too shall pass.  

Y'all enjoy your holiday weekend/beginning of summer.  I'll be right here with the critters doing what I always do.  Keeping the faith ^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment