Monday, April 30, 2018

bad girl du jour

No it's not me.  That title belongs to Michelle Wolf the comedian who pissed a bunch of people off with her monologue at the White House correspondents' dinner.  Trump sent Sarah Huckabee Sanders to do his bidding at this affair and Wolf roasted her in a very uncomfortable way.  That's the only part I didn't like.  She took it gracefully and did not walk out like many others did.  Wolf hit every progressive item on the agenda including anti-abortion folks.  Once again, we are each entitled to our opinions and she is also.  She was probably using it as a springboard for her new Netflix series but whatever.  If Trump had any b**ls he would have been there himself to take the heat. 

I am still at that point in retirement when I'm not sure when the money is gonna' show up so I'm being extra cautious.  I haven't had to do that in a loooooong time.  The LTD payment came in a check the first time.  I filled out paperwork for direct deposit which is on the last business day of the month.  I checked this morning and it wasn't there so I called them to be told they had MAILED me a check on April 18th which I haven't received.  Alrighty then.  The pension from Methodist is there faithfully right on time every month.  SS varies or it did last month.  

I also just got a call from the insurance agent who said the life insurance company wanted to know who prescribes 2 medicines for me, neither of which is a big deal.  Lerd.  If I die before we get this thing done y'all do a GoFundMe for my funeral.  I also got a notice from the IRS telling me I owe them money which I knew and assumed they would take off the top of the refund.  Their bad.  Now you will get a payment plan.

I have paid off everyone involved with the surgery except for anesthesia.  They will get payments too.  Evidently what was left of my deductible was thrown to them.  All in good time people.  Give a girl a break.  

It's a beautiful day in the hood and about half of what I've planted has died due to my anxious early gardening.  So far there's no sign of Mr Snake but I haven't really dug into the dead stuff yet.  If I run across one, you'll hear me screaming wherever you are.  Vile creatures!  

I went and priced chalky paint yesterday and that stuff is high!  I have a color chart and two projects picked out so whenever the check shows up I'll be back at Lowe's.  I'm feeling creative in my old age.  I remember when my grandmother did every piece she own in antiqued avacado and gold.  It was a thing then!

All is well in my world.  How about yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment