Sunday, April 15, 2018

the luxury of time

I just spent an hour and a half on the phone with a friend and I love it when that happens.  I talked KK all the way into Covington yesterday.  Tommy calls me when he's driving to Charlottesville to do weather.  I've talked Sondra through many a drive on 412 to Jackson.  It's a good way to catch up during dead time.  Heather is usually stuck in traffic when we talk.  Millette is on the road a lot so we get to catch up that way.  

I feel like an orphan today, which I am.  With both parents and a lot of other family gone I try to stay grounded and in touch with what I've got left.  My girls are the main thing right now.  Being retired means more time for family, like Paul Ryan at 48.  I'm sure I won't be idle much longer because I have the drive and creativity to do something big like change the world.  

I almost killed the 2nd pot of basil by leaving it on the porch last night.  He's nice and warm in the kitchen now along with the 'mater plants and a bunch of dirty clothes.  And dishes.  This is why I don't cook.  

Well so far we haven't been hit by Russia so there's that to be thankful for.  Trump claims victory as usual not realizing that this will never end.  There has been more than one reference to a connection between his statement and that of Dubya's after Sadaam was captured in a hole. We are about to face times like we've never seen before.  My deepest prayer is that Mike Pence is not as much of a nutjob.  Looks like Congress is about to be a free for all for Dems which needs to be tempered with some slight fiscal reasoning from the Republicans.  God knows how much those strikes on Syria cost and now everybody's all tense and shit.  Next thing you know he'll be bombing fat bastard's country which is, as Hoss would say "not good."

Anywho...y'all have a lovely Sunday.  This is the day that the Lord has made.  Let us rejoice and be glad in it!



No comments:

Post a Comment