Tuesday, April 17, 2018

up and at em

I had a breakfast date with Lorna this morning after she dropped the kids at school.  Dave's was closed so we went to Daylight Doughnuts where the whole cast was different except for Red.  Excellent food though, as usual.  After that we went to The Mill and spent some time with Chris teaching me "hands on" how to be a member.  All the furniture had been moved for the floor sealing and coating so Lorna and I stuck felt pads on the bottom of all of it before it was moved back into place for an event tonight.  You should have seen me crawling.....she took a butt shot.

I had noticed a young man come into the conference room where we had been and he was hard at work as a new member who has a very large sales territory and just moved here.  We exchanged pleasantries and he told me how excited he was to have a quiet place to work....just him and his laptop.  That's basically what The Mill is about.  A place with all you need to do business.  

The winners of the Shoot Dyer County contest were leaned against the wall up front waiting for display.  My friend Jim won not one but TWO!  I saw James Frank at the chicken store and he said they were working on the cabin again so I went by to check it out.  The back porch looks about halfway done!  Again, it is amazing to watch the transformation.  The bedroom window that was always covered with the back porch addon is now wide open with a clear view.  A concrete slab sits where the den was.  

Onward ~

No comments:

Post a Comment