Tuesday, April 3, 2018

against the wind

I fought it all the way to Jackson and back this morning feeling like the next big gust was gonna' sweep me off the road into Safari Park.  I know that road by heart now....every landmark.  It's so nice to fly on down that smooth road they were repaving back in the heat of last year around when Reaves was born.  Those were some hot slow and miserable trips.  I spotted this huge bunch of wisteria hanging above  a residential street over there and it had even begun to take over the power line.  That stuff is magical to me.

Reaves was napping when I got there but woke up quickly to enjoy Grammaw time.  Auntie Erica and Baylee brought over a new walker which is just her size and she proceeded to roll up and down the  sidewalk while we were enjoying the warm weather.  The wonder in her eyes just melts my heart.  She held  me eye to eye the entire time I gave her a bottle.  That was AFTER oatmeal with bananas.  

We are now under a tornado watch which is something we don't take lightly here in tornado alley.  It's warm and windy....just the right conditions for a big storm.  Let's keep our fingers crossed that I don't have to go to the basement with the snakes.  Hell I'll probably take my chances in the hall with the critters.  I left the redneck water hose going overnight the other day and woke to find water streaming down the driveway all the way to the lane.  

The details to be tended to never cease.  I've just priced life insurance so that Lauren won't be stuck with the bill.  New health and dental are in the works.  The BK trustee must be dealt with also.  All of this was coming outta' the check from my status as an employee of the hospital.  I'm on my own now!

Ya'll be safe and happy....and love the one you're with ^j^


1 comment: