Sunday, April 1, 2018

good intentions

I had intended to meet my friend at church and ended up sleeping until 915 so there you go.  I did however go by and visit with the ladies putting flowers on the cross and it's the same bunch every year.  There's not much blooming right now....daffodils are almost gone and too early for others but I managed to pull together a nice assortment of this and that to put on Mama and Daddy's grave.  They had an extra lot which was eventually sold for someone who was younger than me.  That's kinda' creepy.  It was the first time I had visited since her stone went up.   Bubba prowls around out there every Sunday morning and found the gravesite of some old timers from the farm, Simon and Hettie Bizzle.  

I stopped by Cousin Mo's to leave a rocking chair that was Lauren's for repair and addition of Reaves' name on it.  She is remodeling their house and it is to die for gorgeous.  They were headed out to have Easter lunch with the fam.  

Ryan's guy was here mowing when I got home and I had to give him specific instructions about the asparagus bed.  It hasn't started bearing yet so he mowed over it to cut down on the weeds.  Peak season is April.  It's hard to believe it's that time again.  

This coming week brings a trip to Jackson for girl time and Nashville for Spike's celebration of life.  Dana and I are in awe of the number of people who have read his tribute.  He was much loved and respected, to say the least.

Y'all have a happy Easter and find lots of eggs.  Save the chocolate peanut butter ones for me.

^j^




1 comment:

  1. Not surprised u didn't QUITE make it to church. Gotta walk the walk if u talk the talk. Dontcha think? Thank head for excuses, huh?

    ReplyDelete