Wednesday, April 11, 2018

'til the fat lady sings

I hate grocery shopping with a passion which is why I go to the 'gentral every day.  Sometimes you just gotta' bite the bullet and go to Kroger.  NEVER Walmart.  Too many choices.  As I was loading the car I passed my brother who is the fuel manager on his way to lunch, returning a cart to the store.  We chatted and moved on.  

I just got a call from a former co-worker wanting to know how to do some things and I honestly feel sorry for them.  They are losing another body this week which happens to be the director.  And inspections are coming plus a sale and all that the conversion entails.  

That is not my worry but it breaks my heart to see what was once a proud and professional group of healthcare providers who do the next right thing.  They are now overworked, underpaid, and have very little time for family with 12 hr shifts.  Whoever invented that for nurses is nuts.  Not mandatory, anyway.  Incentives have been cut for weekends and shift duty.  

I still see 30s lurking in the forecast so I'm showing restraint with the urge to plant.  I flipped over those shelves that blew from the porch and filled 'em with dirt and compost.  nice little compartments.  That one particular piece came from the hospital at least a hundred years ago.  

Smile.  It always gets better ^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment