Monday, April 23, 2018

tick time

I found a baby one crawling on my face today.  I knew it was coming eventually so today's outing included a visit to Pet Cetera for NexGard.  I've probably got Lyme disease for life anyway because of where I live.  If I had a dollar for every tick I've detached from my body I'd be living the dream in Fiji.  But alas, I'm sitting here on Pecan Lane in the rain ( again ) .  Quite soggy.  

I posted yesterday that Yeti is dropping its' support for the NRA and it was on like donkey kong on that thread.  I finally backed out and let them argue.  I am personally proud of the brands that are not backing them anymore.  They make this move in spite of the fact that they will lose some of their customers.  However?  I think they'll pick up a lot more in the long haul.  Last I heard the Huddle House shooter was still at large which would make me pretty nervous.  As the story goes he has a history and his guns were taken away by the law only to be returned to him by his Dad.  Great move.  I'm assuming he's got clothes on by now hiding in some culvert.  Nope...they just caught him.


For the life of me I do not understand all the furor.  Nobody wants to take your guns except for the ones designed for killing with high capacity mags.  That's it.  You and I have the right to protect ourselves and our families and to hunt according to the law but it doesn't take an automatic rifle to do that.  Or semi-automatic.  There is much bickering about exactly what the definition of an automatic weapon is.  This is splitting hairs over a deadly dilemma.  A lot of veterans and law enforcement officials have come out against them because they, more than anybody, know the damage that can be done.  

My friend posted a picture of Poppy Bush's socks at the funeral and it was the coolest thing ever.....books for Barbara on his feet.  Our community has lost another young person whose death will impact her entire family and husband.  Another friend just got a diagnosis of cancer.  Everybody is struggling with something so be kind to one another please and thank you.

Gratitude ~

No comments:

Post a Comment