Tuesday, May 1, 2018

in the cosmos

My youngest brother and I have a bond that is really unique and I cherish it.  We talk almost daily and see each other twice a year.  His life is a beehive of activity with two kids and a wife/business partner in a magazine called Blue Ridge Life.  They own a farm with all the manual labor that comes along with that.  Those kids are living the dream.

He rolled in late yesterday visiting folks along the way.  We met Lorna for breakfast then tromped on over to The Mill for a look see.  Chris was there and they got to meet and went into this deep chatter about tech stuff and Lorna and I were like "huh?"  She brought me some coleus to do cuttings with from the grand opening of The Mill.  

Tommy scooped me up at the house and we went to explore the cabin.  We wandered up the steps and marveled at how a place that seemed so big when we were children had shrunk, or seemed smaller.  I stood at that big open window in Mama's room gazing out across the familiar landscape with the wind whistling.  What was once a sad place now seems like not "the home we had" but a piece of history that will be refurbished to its' original glory.  He's out running the familiar roads as we speak.

To you and yours I beg :  Please lighten up and stop taking offense to every little thing.  It's bad for your health and the mental health of others,  If you troll me, please be respectful, state your view and don't use all caps.  That's like screaming.  
There's your social media etiquette tip of the day compliments of the Poopster.




No comments:

Post a Comment