Saturday, April 7, 2018

transitions

Being retired is a big adjustment for somebody who has never known anything but working for the man.  I made a decent living in the lower middle class sector but struggled with money in spite of it.  I drive a 17 year old car that has been trusty thus far.  If that car dies, I'm screwed.  However, during the boon of the 80s we did manage to have two nice vehicles with payments, of course.

I feel healthier even though the pain is still there.  I can't imagine trying to do the job I left in December, not knowing that I would not return.  I slept a LOT and still do.  The rest is what my body has needed for a long time.  About 7 years ago the drama started with my family and it took a toll on all of us.  We still get their mail on occasion..  

I have things in mind and plans to put into motion but I'm taking it slowly as the spirit moves.  Spike's widow sent me a picture of something she found while going through his stuff.  It was a letter to the editor written by a high school me urging support for our athletic teams!  I don't remember writing it at all but even then what I said made sense.  I write because I want to express myself with words and photographs.  And I am always a rebel with a cause.  

Manifesting clarity and wisdom for myself is at the top of my list.  The sage burning is a daily ritual that soothes me.  Slowly but surely I'm discovering who I am now.  Not somebody's employee or mama or daughter or minion.  Just me, Janie.  I get the biggest kick out of giving people my email address that inclues "poopster", like on business calls when I have to spell it out for them.  I always dare them not to laugh.  My childhood nickname is Poopie.  Long story.

I pray for peace and abundance in this world.  There are so many things we have taken for granted that they are slowly going away due to man made pollution to fund the big dogs.  Imagine growing your own food and do it in a healthy way.  I think my straw bales loved that little dusting of snow this morning.  

I am celebrating here on the hill, the life of James Reece Noonan.  Heaven has gained one of the sweetest angels ever.

^j^




No comments:

Post a Comment