Saturday, April 14, 2018

my story

I first smoked pot as a tweenager and had an out of body experience as my friend Jimmy drove the backroads of 
Dyer county.  I really didn't like it because it made me paranoid.  Much later I learned to enjoy the experience for stress relief. AA and NA have a no tolerance policy with ganga.  A drug is a drug, they say.  All I ever heard at NA meetings was that everybody has a story and wants to tell it.

I never used again after that ride with Jimmy Neal until I was married and had a child.  It proved to be a calmative agent.  I quit again for about 10 years.  It made me walk around in circles on my days off trying to figure out what to do next.   That's called piddling.  

It wasn't until I had this last surgery that I realized that opiates are not the answer.  I was given very VERY low dose pain relief which I used wisely for those four months with myofacial release treatments weekly.  That's when I started using CBD products.  I have a topical on order for the left shoulder.  

I cannot fathom that at this point in my life we are having to fight for the right to this medicine when you can get 60 percocets if you have the right doctor. I don't miss the opiates at all. They allowed me to function at my current pain level which is how it should be.

There is a reason that THC is not socially acceptable as medicine as that is big pharm.  It cuts all into their profits for the next new pill.  It cuts opiate usage but is still illegal in many states.  Arrests and convictions have packed our courts and prison systems due to this archaic way of thinking.  Of course they make money too because of the fines involved.  Even the medical community has embraced this medicine yet it's still like working a puzzle to get your hands on it legally.  Folks go as far as changing their state of residence to have legal access.  Meanwhile an industry that is about to take off could provide millions in tax revenue and plenty of jobs.  

I am not a stoner like Dank and Dabby yet I firmly believe that in my lifetime we will see terrific change as states figure out what they're missing out on.  One by one they are changing their tunes.  I cannot remember any crimes committed by a marijuana user other than that involved with the smuggling. Mostly they just eat cookies.   I read yesterday about two crooked cops who were providing coverage for heroin dealers in exchange for payoffs.  This is the crap we whould be scared to death of.  Opiates are extremely powerful and bought on the street are often cut with other more powerful drugs.  Anything involving needles is like playing Russian roulette.  I think back to the entertainment greats that have been lost to opiate overdose like Jimi Hendrix, Janie Joplin, Michael Jackson and on and on.  John Belushi. Kurt Cobain.  Naloxone awareness in the first responder sector is gaining momentum.  That's a start for saving lives.  It should be provided free to anybody who wants it just in case you run across an overdose in every day life.  When administered quickly, it reverses the effects of the opiates.  

Most employers require pre-employment and random drug testing that includes THC.  The problem with this is that it is stored in fat cells and even days after using cannabis, the test still shows positive.  This is not impairment on the job.  I know more than one doctor who has shown up for surgery drunk.  Now THAT is scary.  I have never gone to work impaired in any way.  People's lives are at stake.  

Meth is the devil.  I've never witnessed such extreme devastation of lives as with this home made poison.  You can spot a regular user a mile away just by their skin and chatter.  It's really sad to see a life wasted like that.  

Switching gears here....we are now witnessing Trump's war games.  I have mixed feelings about the whole thing and don't really think he should have done it without Congressional approval but that's his call.  He probably wouldn't have gotten it.  I admire the UK and France for stepping to the plate to help whether it was a right or wrong move.  I personally don't believe anything will ever change in Syria because of Russian backing.  And here is where we are walking a very thin line.  Emergency meeting of the UN Security council?  Hmmmm.

It's still windy as heck and rained all night.  I did get some blood meal down before the rain came but had to water it in with a hose to keep it from blowing away.  I don't know what's in that stuff but the dogs love it.

Peace Love and Tolerance ~




No comments:

Post a Comment