Monday, January 19, 2015

the state of my union

It was day 4 at the sawmill and one for the record books again being a Monday and all. Plus there's that raging Ebola like virus that's either flu or GI or both and everybody's trying real hard not to get sick but they do anyway. Especially the ones of us who get COUGHED on when you come up in there because you have flu symptoms and it's peak season for that shit. Not that I don't appreciate the job security, you know. Tamiflu is not very effective if you're already almost dying so tough it out with fluids and rest and a few ibuprofen. Please spare the rest of the world your coughing hacking self in the grocery store/bank/loan shark's office and all other places where your fellow people hang out. At least 50% of my creditors called today while I was working and I just lined 'em up for breaks and a chat. Things have looked dark before, but I'm in a hole so deep there may not be a way out.

Speaking of world health problems, I kind of "bit" on the vaxxer thing at first until I started seeing the horrible results of children getting previously wiped out diseases and remember how sick I was when I had mumps and measles. And chicken pox! There's your cure for shingles right there y'all. From a public health point of view it's a nightmare waiting to happen. Remember the Spanish flu and all those other cholera type thingies that killed brazillions of people? In a little cemetery down the road there are children buried who likely died from one of those horrible viral illnesses back in the day. I was required to get a polio vaccine to enter med tech school and had a helluva' time getting one because they were being phased out. Good old Sara Miller at the DCHD got me hooked up. She died recently but not before a brand new public health building was constructed in her honor. She had this really cute son that I swooned over as a young one in the bars. It's a Tigrett thing.

Everything is so green and awesome looking and the sunsets have been to die for. I'm glad it's not gray and gloomy or I'd probably just hang myself. Heh..just kidding. I want assisted suicide dude! My dear friend Hoss did that after his wife went on to dung beetledom. I'll never forget sending him homemade (by this ho') chocolate chip cookies and a VOLS bracelet for wifey. At that point they were in a home together but after she died he remarried a previous wife and was with her until he too went to be frozen glory. I bet he can't wait to come back as a snowstorm. If he was telling the truth, he was a speechwriter for the governor of Oregon in his younger days. During our first encounter he asked about TennCare as a model. Governor Bredesen had just put it into place at the time. Of course that was before the Ford family and big pharm gutted it.

I am cautiously watching our POTUS as he poses for his party. Like Robert Reich, I wonder how much integrity it takes to stonewall for six years and kick ass for two with a REPUBLICAN congress. I mean gawd! Old Bernie is looking better and better with or without Warren. I just hopes he lives enough to inspire that "give 'em hell!" attitude in the majority. Not that this has anything to do with anything, but I just remembered this good looking guy I tried to pick up at the sawmill one time who asked the nurses "but does she have all her teeth?". He's now dying a slow death from obesity and diabetes. I'm kicking aspartame to the curb at BG's suggestion since it turns into formalde-freaking hyde in your body and I choose not be be embalmed before my time.

"Let us turn our thoughts today to Martin Luther King..." James Taylor





2 comments:

  1. Hi Poopie, I can't believe you are still posting so regularly or that I happened to tune in for the post about Ol Hoss , also can't believe that its almost 6 tears since he left us. I mainly use Facebook now, as do a lot of old bloggers, but am thinking of resurrecting holtieshouse again... time will tell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still think of Hoss often, and wonder how he would weigh in on current events.

    ReplyDelete