Monday, January 12, 2015

maybe i'm amazed

Blogging is something that I started way before FB and Twitter were tracking and trending. It was a time on the internet where people began to realize the power of free expression and the fact that you don't have to "know" somebody to be their friend...as in meet them in person. I've talked to a handful of bloggers on the phone and met one in person which is a story that will never die. Vicki, Tish and I tag-teamed to make Hoss's cross country elderblogger adventure one he could cherish. His first stop was in Vegas which I'm sure was interesting. Then he went to Michigan, flew to Memphis where I picked him up and after getting stuck in the mud and left to die he traveled on down to Texas. Hey...at least he got some Jack Daniels while he waited.

What is truly baffling to me is the number of people who use social media as a way to beat others into submission to their ways of thinking. I can honestly say that I have never posted anything ugly on somebody's wall because, hey. It's their opinion right? I've been preached to by conservatives for so many years that I fail to bite any longer when they start to rant about what's "right". I usually invite reasonable discussion when the people involved in a thread seem to be hell bent on being right. Other than that, I'm outta' there. I hate drama so WHY THE HELL would I seek it out as a way to entertain myself? I'm okay with who I am and I think Big Ernie is too. Lord knows I try to do right. As a clue for those of you who don't know what kind of words indicate disrespect, any use of the word -tard qualifies.

I do not blindly follow the Democratic party but seek a kinder and gentler middle ground where party principles are not the maker of every single decision but maybe consider we the little people for a change instead of padding your own pockets. Both parties are rolling in money so it turns into something that my mother would call "two wrongs don't make a right...or left" Believe it or not, I actively campaigned for Lamar Alexander when I was a teenager. That was before I saw what Republicans can do to state like Tennessee. Thankfully, the powers that currently be are moving toward the direction of knowing that healthcare and education are priorities like um...TVA and BC/BS.

So I'm pretty curious to see how this whole free college thing works out because it sounds like job security for a lot of teachers if the requirements for credentialing included a BS rather than demanding a Masters. I'd do it in a heartbeat! After doing the same job for 37 years I can pretty much teach what's involved and save some wear and tear on my joints. I'll do that until Sugardaddy shows up and we fly to Belize. No wait..I'm scared of planes. I think you can get there by train or car but it's kinda' dicey in some parts according to what rebels are on the warpath.

Peace~

No comments:

Post a Comment