Friday, January 16, 2015

chester comes a'courting

As previously mentioned Ryder is being romanced by a beautiful black male with a collar who just romps and plays with the whole herd that is decidedly intent on not letting them have alone time which is fine with me. The weather finally broke and it's a glorious sunny afternoon in the high 40s, just enough to make you think that spring will indeed come. I call them "teasers" because there will be more cold and ice but you can flat hold onto the memory of how it felt to be above freezing for a week. Weather geeks like my brother call that sort of condition "moderate" or sunny and nice. I'll take it. So I got a call from a co-worker who lives across the golf course and has cows and llamas grazing on one side and he asked if I had two black dogs...one big and one little. Um..and I guess the boy is yours huh? Evidently Ryder and Faith have been playing visit the neighbors over at Chester's so he's in jail until the whole thing blows over. Thanks Pete! Oh, and Chester? Ryder adores you.

Even though I've still got many work days ahead I feel like TGIF if for no other reason than there's less people and stuff to deal with on the weekends. The phone rings less and outside agencies are off for the weekend giving us a break except for the occasional outpatient and crazy ER. I got schooled this week on what a luxury it is to scream for help and have somebody come running which is pretty humbling to a veteran practitioner like me. We're dealing with a lot of serious issues within our team which won't be resolved with mandates or rules. Being a good leader means taking your hands off the details and identifying the talent that will make your goals more attainable.

As they say "other than that I got nothing." I talked to my cousin Mo recently and we both accepted that we are in the end times of life with our parents and it's pretty tough. She has three beautiful kids and a grandson named Charlie who sang the HBD song to her all week. Mom got her hair did thanks to her 82 year old hired driver and Angel's Crown Salon. Even though she hasn't been anywhere, it has to be poofed just so.

Enjoy your weekend kids. Just don't go to the emergency room.

^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment