Saturday, January 3, 2015

cornelia rejoiner jayne

My aunt Virginia is the eldest of the four kids born to Wilmer and Lottie Stafford during the Great Depression. Originally from Tippah County MS, aka Blue Mountain, they raised these kids the usual way for sharecroppers...poor and hard working. The girls were all lookers and Ginner, as we called Virginia, bears a striking resemblance to their great grandmother Cornelia. She has always been a sharp dresser and perfectionist by nature, a cat lover when nobody else in the family likes them but me and her daughter Donna. Her husband Leland was the police chief for years and then worked at a local industry until retirement due to bad health. When BG was about four, we drove to Memphis airport to pick Donna up for his funeral. Katherine the older sister was a nurse and we had that in common all our lives. They are both gone and so now with Ginner's passing they're reunited as a family in heaven. There is a certain unbroken circle thing to that which helps to keep me from being afraid. We all die sometime,some sooner and some later. Just don't push your chances by snorting meth or eating your feelings. I remember KA's funeral like it was yesterday and have a picture somewhere of the whole clan including cousins Robert and Peggy. If can dig it up, that will be my memorial. That is when Donna and I reunited for a few years prior to her death. Alpha 1 antitrypsin deficiency doesn't play.

It's been days since the sun came out and SAD is getting pretty dug in here at CasaPoops. BG is off today and on a breakfast run in said monsoon. I got out to do some business this morning only to find that *gasp* predatory lenders also don't play. A heartfelt deal made in good faith was broken because well, you know. When you sign that check, they've got you by the balls. This particular brand of robbery will become a thing of my past soon and I'll have plenty of experiences to add to the consumer lobby group that I just KNOW is out there waiting to know what it's like to stand in line at one of these places on "check day" so you can buy food or a Christmas present for your kid. Real sweethearts, they are. This particular branch also holds the Cadi title. Hey...don't judge me. I'm trying!

All the xmas decor is half off at the dolla' gentral where I went looking for a charger cable and found cheap ass Chinese technology. Walgreen's was much better! While I was there I ran into Ms Polly who is in my parents' SS class. They are sponsoring financially a young lady who is doing a mission trip in Africa. That is totally what Jesus would do, in my opinion. Well, that and feed the poor in your own 'hood. I see a revival of good old common sense and homestead mentality coming up and I can't wait to plant a raised bed. Low maintenance, indeed.

Keep the faith ^j^





No comments:

Post a Comment