Thursday, January 1, 2015

just breathe

As you can imagine today was busy as a cat covering up poop at the sawmill and it's a luxury just to sit and take a deep breath to transition into off the clock mode. Currently there are little Booger feet pounding the floor between my office and the kitchen where his TeeTee and Momma are passing time while the cabbage boils. My little friend has discovered the joy that is post-it notes while listening to Mercy Me sitting in a chair beside me. For a minute, anyway. There's just way too much to explore and climb on up in here.

The bitch is off my back for now so that's a good omen for the first day of a new year. I'm now able to move it enough for self therapy thanks to a tough and talented practitioner named Pelham, as in myofascial release. With what my shoulder has been through in the past year I assumed that after surgery I'd be good as new and I was for awhile. It was not until the stress and worry of everyday life came back to smack me in the face that it became evident that I was indeed NOT healed. The holistic method used by she and other practitioners is the perfect thing for both chronic and acute injuries. It's what got me through (along with NSAIDs) prior to surgery. What a shame that insurance companies don't pay for that type of treatment vs. opiates. Oh yeah I forgot, that's big pharm in the bed with the whole process.

Here's a simple question for you healthcare consumers: Do you really care if what you have is the flu or not? What difference does it make? Now, for sure bacterial infections need to be treated ASAP with antibiotics but a virus doesn't work that way. It slowly makes your body feel like putty while it ravages every inch of it. You KNOW if you have it so why go to the ER for a Tamiflu script? Just thinking out loud if you know what I mean.

In other news the biggest troll of them all showed up on my page last night as a New Year's Eve treat. He's always real touchy about an sort of piece that even dares to infer that perhaps cops aren't perfect. News flash people....nobody is. Mistakes will happen, burnout and overload are rampant because of political games. I have the greatest admiration for public servants who don't union up and let the fat cats tell them how to be. Unions were a legitimate answer to horrible working conditions in the past but they were responsible for the loss of millions of jobs over the past 30 years. I don't need a highly paid union rep to tell me how to do what I do. If my job requires that, it's time to move on.

I'm waiting until daddy's shower time to call and tell mama happy new year. We have found that works best because then he doesn't know she's on the phone and it doesn't interrupt his "routine." Lord.Have.mercy! Bg is headed to the drug store for tea tree oil and then for a few groceries. She had the day off and watched BabyMan. I found them sitting at the (not round) table eating Life cereal when I finally made it home. Do not call me early in the morning because I will be asleep. Besides, it's supposed to snow and we all know how I do on that stuff.

Peace~

1 comment: