Sunday, January 18, 2015

i love everbody (and you're next)

WHAT a lovely day at the sawmill! I got to work with my favs and we quietly and quickly went about the business of saving lives all the while managing to not create one ounce of drama nor deal with any. When you can spend a day like that instead of dodging bullets, it's a simple but wonderful pleasure. BG's phone got either lost of stolen yesterday so she's borrowing a friend's Obama phone (shut.up.) until we can find an affordable one. This little (piece of shit) Samsung mini was a freebie and only one year into a two year contract so there you go...screwed again! My bill has been pretty stable since upping the data until lo and behold the current one is 30 bucks higher. I haven't looked yet to see what kind of trickery ATT is pulling over on me this time but I'll be ready to scrap the whole deal if somebody doesn't play nice with me. A Note would be nice but, hmmm..

An acquaintance who is about as different from me politically as night and day remarked that I post "depressing" things that appear to be anti-Christian/police/military/pretty much everything he holds near and dear. It's depressing to him because it's so different from his core values I suppose. I prefer to think of myself as more of a pro type person as in pro love, tolerance, and agree to disagree. I believe in fighting the good fight when justice is involved and I also believe that is a trademark of faithful people. I admire law enforcement that is practiced with tolerance (that word keeps popping up) for those of other faiths, sexes and income levels. And yes, there will be some crazy ones but that's no reason to go all SWAT team on everybody. When I saw the Occupy protesters being pepper sprayed I just about died yet was proud at the same time that they had the guts to get out there and make a statement. I am a believer in smaller government as in less $$$ involved in the electoral process and adequate safety nets for those who are stuck in a cycle of poverty and violence. The fund that was set up decades ago to care for me in my "golden years" is about to go broke so it looks like I'll be working 'til I die at the bench.

Mom just called because she's settling in for 60 minutes in a bit with Daddy at the remote. Right now he's watching golfon silent, she said. I wondered why it was so quiet! We spent ten minutes chatting about the weather and what we both should do like go to bed early. Yes ma'am..gladly. I encouraged her to utilize the resource of her home health care team in navigating the pharmacy piece because, hey. It's what they do and I'm over it. When she came home after two months away and had pre-packaged previously delivered meds hidden in the laundry room I knew we were in trouble. It was touch and go, I tell you. Ms Faye still cooks lunch M-F and it's always to die for. Daddy eats like a piglet and Mom nibbles at hers kinda' like I do. We like to savor.

It's a beautiful day on the lane and the temp hit 60 with a breeze which is my kind of weather. Azure skies and beautiful colors at sunset are the serendipity of mid-winter. I feel bad for all you N'oreasters what with the snow and ice. I could never live there until I get the nail pulled out of the front right Camry tire. The Cadi will probably go soon to a guy who's been in love with it since first glance if he can come up with a payoff plus down payment on something else. That car was the biggest gift I ever got outside of two years of BF and a badass camera. Anthony will be in heaven man!

Keep the faith y'all. It's what makes getting up again worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment