Saturday, February 8, 2020

sunshine and snow moon

I watched as that beautiful moon rose last night and woke to find it shining in my bedroom window at one point.  Maybe I didn't wake but was just laying there with my feet propped on pillows to reduce the swelling.  I'm told it's unusual for it to last this long but I'm not your typical case with no quirks.  At five this morning I was up for the day waiting on a nurse to arrive.  If it's not the bag it's the wound vac.  But I'm at home and it is quiet.  

As morning came around the sun began to shine and I felt that everything is better when that happens.  The golf course is occupied and tomorrow will be in the 60s.  Then, another cold snap.  Tickets for James Taylor at FedEX are on sale and I'm longing to go.  I've seen him before but not in a very long time.  That should be around the time of my next surgery if it happens.  I always think in those terms so as not to be disappointed.  Expect nothing.  

I actually feel pretty vulnerable right now so I'm going to do some therapy when I'm well enough to get out.  There is a lot on my mind and it's not just about the near death experience.  I feel like the world is spiraling out of control and we are at risk as citizens of what used to be the greatest country in the world.  Morals are gone in government and we are being played the fool by a narcissistic idiot.  He's playing a game with us and he's winning.  That's not good.

I need to get out of this house and I will next week.  Mary Gwyn and I are making plans got some girl stuff.  As for right now, I'm going to attempt a nap.  It's been a long time since I've done that but my body tells me I need it.  Be strong, but rest.  

^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment