Wednesday, February 5, 2020

february made me shiver

It is my least favorite month right up there with November.  They tend to be gloom and doomish looking like the moors.  Sun is scarce and so is Vitamin D.  I haven't been remembered on Valentine's day since my mother died so that's a non-thing.  I have spent the morning at my desk getting some shit together while da' bag collects the shit and the wound vac does its' thing.  It hums and occasionally whistles when the tape is loose.  

Watching the replay of the SOTU was like a bad dream so thank goodness I had Colbert to lighten the mood.  I seriously don't get it but then a lot of folks don't.  I suppose I'm a part of history since I was in hospital beds and forced to watch the impeachment trial.  Ditto for Coronavirus and Kobe.  Once again, I am fortunate to be alive.  

Boundaries are important to me and I've been holding them firm.  I can pretty much pick out when somebody's drama is about them and not me and act accordingly.  It's a handy little tool for keeping your sanity.  There still is no routine or schedule here so things are apt to happen spontaneously.  Tammy says Ellie is happier since the boarding census has dropped.  The rest of the pack just follows me from room to room.  

Because Reaves had the stomach bug, Lauren has nine days straight at work in order to get two off together for doctor's appointments.  This means I don't get to see them for a long while and that makes me sad.  We are all in this together in spirit so there's that.  And pictures.  Her stepmom and dad post a lot of pics and I enjoy that.  Lauren simply doesn't have time.

I lost a dear cousin yesterday on the 7th anniversary of Debbie's death which was kind of an ethereal Agee family kind of thing.  It's funny how I see those threads now.  HH came today and me and the nurse have already bonded.  He's a wound vac wizard and problem solver of all things.  To him, it's a challenge to make things work with what you have.  I like that, ya' know?

I'm about to go see if we have any food delivery services in Dyersburg because I'm craving something hot and good to eat.  Gotta' put that seven pounds back on and I'm tired of quick and easy.  

Leave room for the spirit to work.  And the people said "amen" ^j^


2 comments:

  1. When I get back I will cook up some food and drop it off. Easy microwave stuff......hang tight.

    ReplyDelete