Tuesday, February 25, 2020

days of our lives

My neighbor James Frank took me to the store today and I was amazed that I only saw one face I recognized among the staff of the chicken store.  Of course I haven't been in the real world for six weeks, so there ya' go.  They change managers and employees like we change underwear.  It's a "i need work bad" sort of job for all involved.  I don't go there often because the parking is like a jigsaw puzzle.  

After Gerald buried Sam yesterday I pulled a red rose from the bunch that Millette brought me and stuck it in the dirt.  It's still standing today!  This is a do nothing one for me with no appointments and such.  Just me and the critters and the rain.  Bah.

Tomorrow I will do an intake with my new PCP who is a lovely woman that I've been blessed to work with for many years.  I am impressed with her work, to say the least.  I don't doctor hop by any means, but I know that being paid attention to even when not on the every 3 month refill visit grind is not acceptable if your meds don't change.  She will get to hear all about the surgical adventure of course.  

James Frank reminded me that he saw me in the nursing home which I had totally forgotten.  I'm glad I don't remember much of all that because it was a real other worldly experience.  I do distinctly remember being extubated, however.  They asked me "have you ever done this before?"  Umm..nope.  I'm a virgin.  It will probably happen again when I do the reversal though maybe not.  I will be more healthy that I was that time!

The routine is set now with wound changes and ostomy care a given.  I have plenty of food but no Propel but I sure ain't going to WalMart.  The Camry is still dead and will have to be checked out thoroughly by Bart and his crew to see if it's worth salvaging.  The battery is good so it must be the alternator or starter.  That will come in time.  Right now I'm just hitching rides.

Mardi Gras is upon us and Ash Wednesday looms as a solemn reminder that all is not party and play.  I pray that our journeys will be ones of sincere reflection about how the wilderness precedes new birth ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment