Tuesday, February 11, 2020

coming out

Plans are made to be broken of course.  MG was coming to pick me up at 1130 for lunch with old friends.  Alas, da' bag decided to leak at 1100.  My nurse came out and fixed it and we were only a bit late to Applebees.  We totally enjoyed each others' company and it was like no time had passed.  I love it when that happens . I got lots of hugs and several "i'm glad you made it" surprises.  

After we left there the next stop was Sunflower Health for some vitamins and supplements.  MG said that parsley capsules are good for edema which is still a problem because my PCP has not addressed it.  A supplement beats the heck out of Lasix.  I sleep with my feet above my heart but I was up all day with tennis shoes which actually held the swelling down kind of like compression socks.  

From there we went to Headlines to get our hair did which was, as usual, glorious and fun.  Everybody there gave me a big hug and listened to my story.  We picked up my Kroger online order and headed toward the house only to stop dead in the middle of Pecan Lane to bird watch.  She had her badass camera and got a few good shots in the brambles.  It was time to empty da' bag so I headed home and she to the library to collect her stuff from the art show.  I was tired and glad to get home and into pajama pants.  

In between all this I had a consultation with a Medicare advisor because it's coming soon to a theater near me.  I also enrolled in dental insurance that will go until August 31.  I need my teefies cleaned!  If you're turning 65, start early on the research.

Lest you think I don't know what's going on in the world, China's guy put on a big show of solidarity in an area that has a very low infection rate while folks in Wuhan are dying at a rapid pace.  New Hampshire is voting today in the caucus and who knows who will win.  The most important thing is to find a candidate who can beat Trump.  He's counting on Bernie getting it so he can kick him to the curb.  Hide and watch dude.  

So y'all be merry and bright.  It beats being sad. ^j^ 

No comments:

Post a Comment