Wednesday, February 19, 2020

as the crow flies

They are every freakin' where!  It's greening up around these parts and looking like early spring even though it's still chilly.  The Camry battery is dead again so I'm just going to leave it until I get ready to drive and have it boosted again.  Lerd.  The trip to Memphis kind of wore me out but that's part of recovery from this whole thing.  My house is a mess as usual but I don't even care.  At this point it's all about me getting stronger.  

The news just makes me mad so I limit it to a once a day peek.  The great state of Tennessee has introduced a law or something that will designate CNN and the WSJ as "fake news."  It makes me truly ashamed to be a TN citizen.  I mean really?  That's about as un-American as you can get.  While you're at it throw in Fox and Breitbart.  Geez.  Meanwhile, all the people with any scruples are jumping ship from Trump as he becomes more and more authoritarian.  The boss of our country, he says.  To hell with the judicial process, he says.  Sound familiar?  My income tax refund of two hundred some odd dollars will be confiscated by the IRS to pay back taxes on unreported income.   The rich spend that on lunch!  But hey...I don't mind being a pauper as long as I've got my family and friends.  

On the sunny side, there is no rain in the immediate future and the swelling is gone from my legs.  Plus the bag has been on for two days.  The nurse came by early this morning and checked things out before drawing blood to check potassium.  My days consist mostly of piddling around the house attempting to keep things halfass straight and going to bed EARLY.  I should be able to take a shower in a couple of weeks and that will be pure heaven.  Soon as the wound heals, it's on like donkey kong.  

Ellis is adapting to being home and loving being able to run with Oscar.  They are all enjoying leftovers from here there and yonder.  As I type, there is a Japanese beetle crawling around the keyboard like it's a maze.  Comical, to say the least.

There is so much that I want to do and it's just not in the cards right now.  Patience dear Poopie.  Wait for God's time.

^j^






1 comment: