Monday, February 17, 2020

puttin' out fires

Alrighty then!  In the past 24 hours the toilet got stopped up, the Camry wouldn't start and the bag came off.  Oh, and Ellie came home this morning and wants to paw me all the time.  The doggie experts say that's her bid for attention but she's pretty needy so I talked to the vet's office and she's going on Prozac, maybe for life.  Whatever works I say.  In quick succession the car shop came by to check out my car, the nurse came to change the bag and then the plumber right behind him.  Busy!  My friend Anita brought lunch and Ellie ate the bag of cookies.  That's the norm for stuff left where she can get at it.  

Tomorrow is a road trip to Memphis to see the surgeon with Gigi which should be interesting.  I'm actually looking forward to seeing something different.  Regarding politics, no comment.  I haven't voted yet but there's time.  The Dems are all trying to figure things out and Trump is going to NASCAR races to drum up the redneck base.  Lerd.  Barr is playing badass with
"progressive" prosecutors.  Same song, different version.  

Several southern rivers, including the Tennessee, are wreaking havoc with flooding.  Houses fell off the hills of Savannah.  The Pearl in Mississippi is everywhere.  The Forked Deer is up but not causing trouble.  If it ain't a virus it's the weather.  

It's President's Day which means a paid holiday for some and a chance for all of us to reflect on our forefathers.  They weren't angels either, ya know.  Which goes to prove that "it has always been thus and so."  No mail = no new medical bills.  I'll take it.

I am so thankful for all the people who have helped an old girl out.  Going through my records from Baptist I was shocked to read that upon physical examination I was referred to as pleasant, appears to be chronically ill....but pleasant...looks older than her age and elderly but pleasant and alert.  Dangit my ego didn't need that but it is what it is.  

Y'all enjoy this marvelous Monday ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment