Saturday, February 22, 2020

spring

By the calendar it's not here yet, but soon.  Very soon.  I went out this morning to pick some buttercups and got tangled in a vine.  My back porch is covered in some kind of flowering vine that will grow through cracks even!  Not to worry, I'm not taking any chances and being very careful.  I just had to get in the sun.  

I'm avoiding the news because it just pisses me off.  Instead, I read thought provoking articles or escape with Netflix and YouTube.  I seriously don't miss having  "real" TV.  And I sure don't miss the price tag.  I'm assuming Nevada is bustling with activity about now what with the caucus.  I saw where Trump supporters launched pigeons with little MAGA hats on.  How cruel is that?  PETA needs to jump on that one big time.  I voted yesterday so my duty is done.  

Is it just me or does all this Russia stuff scare you?  I know it's always been thus and so but the technology makes a big difference.  So does the corona virus.  I've been in medicine long enough to know that viruses are tricky and hard to treat.  Bacteria, unless they are resistant, will respond to antibiotic therapy.  That's what I learned in 41 years of being "almost a nurse."  I posted a good article today that tells exactly what lab rats do.  In big hospitals the techs are pretty much doing the same thing all day but not in the rural ones.  Med Techs do everything from stocking supplies, drawing blood, running tests and reporting them in a timely manner.  All the while the phone is ringing off the hook.   

The Camry is dead again and I don't think I'm going to get the service call I requested early this morning.  So be it, because I'm not driving it YET.  If I don't start running it every day I'll be paying for a boost once a week.  It hasn't been driven but once since January 11th.  Go figure. 

I hear birds singing so I'm channeling my Daddy.  Y'all enjoy the weekend and keep the faith ^j^ 

No comments:

Post a Comment