Friday, February 14, 2020

a new normal

It changes every day.  PT came and worked me pretty good this morning.  He said that I'm doing very well so I only have two visits left.  It will take time to regain my strength because I've been sick for quite some time and didn't really realize it until things came to a crisis.  I normally wake up with the sunrise or before and catch up on what has happened while I out of it for the night.  Sleep comes in fits and starts.

Last night and this morning was colder than a well digger's ass with a brisk wind to boot.  I went out for lunch and it's the first time I've had a coat on in weeks.  We met and talked and discussed the presidential primary that is in front of us Democrats.  It's pretty damn important at this point and we've been looking ahead since , well.....a long time. The leadership of our local party has really whipped things into shape with several events that unite us.  

Lauren came over and we made a 'gentral run which was nice because I sure can't do it by myself.  We stopped by the cabin to check out the fireplace that is to die for and lingered by the original bathroom door that still holds a hook from the days of the grands.  It doesn't resemble what we knew as "home" at all.  In a way, I suppose that's a blessing.  We have an unspoken bond now as warrior women of this life

I remember a night in late winter some years ago when the water was standing behind the two orbs of gold that stay as long as the water is there.  We had some very dark times one year and the light always reminds me of that.  I knew even then that there would be healing to come.

Everybody at the gentral was lined up buying Valentine's gifts and we let a few go through before we pulled up with a buggy full.  The poor ONE clerk kept a smile on her face as the line grew and she fretted about missing a "conference call" with corporate.  The store is out of a lot of stuff which is, I suppose, because of the novel corona.  The CDC says it will not go away and might turn seasonal.  Come on vaccine.  This is a world health crisis.  Viruses are so slippery the way they mutate.

Here's hoping that somebody makes you feel special every day of your life.  It doesn't take much for me these days.  Keeping the faith?  You bet ^j^  




No comments:

Post a Comment