Wednesday, February 26, 2020

hump day with ashes

This morning I showed up at a doctor's office and went through the entire process of filling out papers and giving them meds only to be told that I had to pay 150 bucks up front which I didn't have.  I don't know how often it happens, but this old girl turned around and hightailed it out of said office never to return.  For some God forsaken reason I still have not met my high deductible or out of pocket maximum.  Now this whole colon blockage ordeal cost probably a million bucks.  How could that be?  Hmmm.  

Delores and Hubert and I joined our church family for an intimate Ash Wednesday service complete with a cross on our foreheads.  When we went to lunch the waitress told Delores she had something on her face.  That turned into a mini-lesson on Methodist traditions.  The Episcopal priest was at the diner as well and of course, he noticed our marks.  Most people think that it's just a Catholic practice.  

I'm still chasing my tail on paperwork for the Marketplace and found that the HR department at my former employer has no access to records prior to a sale that happened three months after I left.  How niiiice. So I'm given a corporate number for the former company and you can imagine how that went.  When I asked for HR's number they gave me the number of our local hospital.....the one with a phone tree type deal.  Sigh.  I finally got in touch with somebody who gave me credentials to log into the old payroll system but the username and password she gave me don't work.  

I gave Delores a tour of the cabin remodel and she was impressed like everybody is.  Johnny and Billy have done some mighty fine work down there.  It's kind of a boost to my faith to go down there and see Daddy's flowers still coming up.  

Y'all be faithful and humble and lay off of Bernie.  Seriously.
^j^

 

No comments:

Post a Comment