Sunday, February 9, 2020

perfect in love

My church live streams the service each Sunday and I tuned in since I can't get out yet.  As usual, Mary Beth hit me in the heart with her sermon about pure love.  I liked the way she explained that true love is really positive action by an aggressor without passivity or violence to transform a relationship that is not loving.  You can transform relationships with people who do you wrong by loving them anyway which isn't always easy.  It is only through prayer that we can find a place where evil overcomes good.  That helped me to put the whole Trump thing in perspective, ya know.  He doesn't want people "praying for him" but I will and that gives me the power instead of him.  She was quick to mention that you will be criticized and there will be trials.  Stand firm and do the next right thing anyway.

I was ecstatic to get rid of  the wound vac yesterday because I have more mobility and it's easier to sleep.  Still, I was up to see the sunrise this morning and it was a beauty.  So was the moon last  night.  Happily, I was fast asleep when it passed over my window.  I watched all of SNL on YouTube this morning which really made me laugh and I needed that.

It's close to 70 today with a heavy wind but the golfers are out there fighting it.  Mamye dropped by for the first time in awhile and we caught up on things.  She took care of my critters while I was in hospital and rehab and she loves bonding with them.  I miss Ellie and will probably get her back this week.  Let's all pray about that one!

Y'all do what you do with purpose and joy ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment