Sunday, June 30, 2019

fun in the sunI

I get drenched with sweat when I do the flower watering thing so today I planned ahead and wore my swimsuit then headed straight to Chucky and Vicki's for a few dips.  It made a huge difference!  I had forgotten that a cop lives next door and when I glanced up and saw the car I was sure they were gonna' come arrest me for trespassing.  Not to worry.  It's just little old me.

I may end up back at urgent care with the dog bite.  After ten days of Augmentin and a shot of Rocephin the larger wound is still a little puffy and sore.  We shall see.

The no-till wheat beans are already up thanks to a good rain.  I am so thankful not to be living in a corn box this year.  One of the most dangerous things about that is watching out for deer that dart out.  I've almost hit one many a time.  One of my neighbors has a sweet corn patch about a week from being ready.  I absolutely LOVE that stuff.  We always had it when I was a kid because Mama put it up for the whole year.  Same for purple hull peas.   More often than not, Daddy's dessert  would be an extra piece of cornbread soaked in pea juice.

If I had somebody to help me I would totally do a garden but I can't do it by myself anymore.  I need to live in one of those co-ops with a community garden.  

Heat advisory.  Stay cool, always ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment