Wednesday, June 5, 2019

i can't go 65

I had heard that the speed limit on 412 in Dyer county was lowered to 55, supposedly because of road construction.  Lord knows we need it.  Crockett was finished two years ago and is smooth as a baby's butt.  I hit the road before dawn because I was the designated baby sitter for Reaves today because she's been covered with a strange rash.  As it turns out it was enterovirus AGAIN which evidently there are 8 gazillion with no cure.  Plus it's very contagious up to the point where the rash breaks out.  Then it's home free.

We had a typical day for a grandma and a 20 month old.  She had gotten up at 5 like me so after breakfast and some Word Party I made multiple trips with a pail to fill up the tiny pool.  Didn't bother with a swimsuit, just let her go at it.  She's got this tiny cart filled with rocks from the flower bed and pool toys.  When she got tired of that, I took her in for dry clothes and a nap.  She slept for almost three hours and didn't even fight me on the way down.  In case you've never heard of Word Party it is the ultimate in toddler programming on Netflix.  Very educational and cute.  It even soothes me! She is to the age where you can just see the mischief oozing out of those eyes.  Plus she's quick and can outrun me.  

Today is the day that fans of The Handmaids Tale have been waiting for.  I freakin' can't wait.  See how low maintenance I am?  Gah.


2 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good day with Reaves. She is a doll. And yes Steve and I are on count down for Handmaid's Tale. Can't wait.
    thanks for coming over yesterday. I really enjoyed it and it made my birthday special with friends. Peggy wasn't there today so we had the Amy video. We had about 10 there this morning. Hope to see you there on Friday. Deb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete