Thursday, June 6, 2019

got my fix

I've gotta say that Handmaids Tale did not disappoint.  Tiny little spoiler alert:  Serena Joy's mother could be Aunt Lydia's sister for the role she plays in indoctrination.   The show has really made me think long and hard about how women have had to fight to be considered intellectual equals and team players.  Men have always gotten paid more and ruled the roost, so to speak.  There's a good old boy club in every vocation around.  

I needed retail therapy today so I went out and about picking up things I really need like stronger reading glasses.  Sunflower Health has really cute ones.  I visited with the Donaldson tribe in their car while they ate cookie dough sundaes.  It was raining but people were still lining up for Roy Boy's and Dough Desserts.  I got one of each to go.  I also treated myself to a new bar of Buff City Soap and got a couple of spandex things for exercise.  I have decided to baby the left shoulder for a bit and get an MFR treatment or two very soon.  

While I was standing under the tent waiting for food I got to have a nice chat with Dakota about conference.  I totally love this guy.  Not only does he make worship an inspiring experience he's an everyday person who cares.  So is his wife.

Other than that, it's gonna' ran for the next 4 days so buckle up.  And always keep the faith ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment