Tuesday, October 2, 2018

why come forward

I met Lorna at Coby Jo's for brunch and got the special.  It's been so long that I've had mashed potatoes and gravy I can't tell you.  Fried okra.  Lima beans.  Hamburger steak. With gravy!  We have discovered that the best time is between 1030 and 11 to beat the crowd.  She had a box of clothes for me from Ann which I have yet to dig into.  I stopped by the cabin before I came home and found Johnny and Billy hard at work.  It's simply amazing.  At the Dock I found four black boards sitting outside and asked Mike if I could have them.  They'll make cool craft projects.  There are four tiny pane windows left to be replaced.  Now THOSE will be rare.  

Reaves is still sick so back to the doctor she goes.  Fairly high fever off and on.  Bless dat baby and her mama too.  If I had my way, we would all be in a tiny house on the beach playing.  Maybe next year.


There is great healing that accompanies coming forward.  If you have a tribe close enough to trust, talk about  your abuse, whatever kind.  The release of pain with each telling is worth being vulnerable.  I grew up during the era where you "didn't talk about those things."  That was what it was but it's different now.  It doesn't have to be made public.  Just find a counselor who is willing to hear your stories and lead you through them.  I also grew up in a time when you didn't talk about mental illness or addiction but kept it in the closet.  Every family has a story  like that.  

It would be easy to give up hope right now because of the circus atmosphere.  He said.  She said.  Trump says.  When he ridiculed that reporter I about lost it.  Very un-presidential and passive aggressive.  Folks who are not concerned are not really paying attention to the big picture.  

Just saying ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment