Saturday, October 6, 2018

in the mist

I rarely remember my dreams.  I woke up in a panic this morning because I had been dreaming that the law showed up wanting to search my house. Um..like I'm all bad and stuff.  They didn't have a warrant so I refused to let them in and they were about to get nasty when I delivered the ultimatum:  "I need to call my lawyer."  Now, I have one close attorney friend that I have no doubt, no matter what time of day or night I called, would answer the phone.  He has done his share of pro-bono work over the years in the form of unofficial guidance on a number of things and we usually end up talking about everything in the world.  There are a few more, one not even licensed, who would be there for me in a heartbeat.  I have no idea where this dream came from but it was vivid and I was freaked out.  Ellie woke me up wanting to go outside.

Lauren sent me a pic last night of  Reaves in the little red rocking chair.  Priceless.  It was given to Lauren by my mother when she was Reaves age and got broken in one spot.  Cousin Mo got it fixed and painted both Reaves and Lauren's names on it.  To die for cute.  You care barely walk in there for all the toys.  I took Cathy's little table and chairs and she really was  intrigued with that.  There was a sock monkey from Mamye that went into the inflatable ball pit where she likes to hang out.  

It's fall festival time and I bought some brownies at the Holice Powell king's bake sale before I went in to the 'gentral.  I left my readers in Jackson and must have.  The girl at the checkout said "You know there's some on your head right?"  The guy behind me just about lost it.  I  have two kinds of glasses....one for driving and one very strong reader.  The cashier told me that when her mother died she found 40 pair of reading glasses in a drawer!

Something very strange happened yesterday and it kind of startled me.  My friend Amy has been dead for about 2 weeks and all of a sudden her name popped up on messenger,  I clicked on it and was actually able to read that conversation between us about our employer.  Talk about shivers!  I think it was her way of letting me know she loves me from heaven.  Also, somebody was on her page....lol

Fall break is over for some and starting for others.  I drool at the beach views I've been seeing.  I will go next year if I have to turn tricks on the street corner to get the  money.  Hide and watch. I rolled by the cabin today and through carefully sidestepping the snake skin in the kitchen.  It's so quiet in there without the whir of saws.  I came home from there the other day with about a 12 inch square chunk of the mantel.  My creative side jumped on it.

Let's get past this Kavanaugh thing and love one another.  Just like with Trump, it is what it is.  All of us didn't ask for it, but a majority did so there ya' go.  I'm staying positive in spite of it all.  Life is about more than who's in office.

Carry on young people ~ Frances Yarbro




No comments:

Post a Comment