Friday, October 12, 2018

dear ATT

I have been a loyal customer with your wireless service since 2007.  If you count my time with BellSouth it goes way farther back.  Your company has always been fair with me in making payment arrangements.  I recently made one with one installment due on 10/10 and one on 10/31.  When I noticed the payment did not draft out on the 10th, I called and was told it was to be processed on the 11th.  Fine then.  "No worries, right?" I asked.  I don't want service to be interrupted.  No problem, she said.  I got a couple of texts and calls this morning and then BOOM.  They pulled the plug on me.  Now, I'm pretty much broke most of the time with zero cushion for emergencies which is why i make payment arrangements.  I went to the store and paid the past due amount.  Waited around to see if service was returned,  Nada.  So I then called customer service from THEIR phone with assistance from the nice lady and spent about 15 minutes arguing with a guy about why the service was still gone.  We must have a hundred more dollars today.  Plus there will be a fee for restoring plus the aforementioned payment agreement for 10/31 is no longer valid and will be billed no later than the 28th which is three days before I get income.  So here's the deal guys....the only thing tying me to you right now is 277 bucks owed on the last device purchased.  Mama ain't happy that just because you got your wires crossed I'm out more money.  When that "device" as you call it, is paid out, I'm history.  I'm sure you won't  miss me what with all the income from DirecTV and your other services.  

After I got service I called Patsye and we met up for a WalMart run for reunion food.  We were on a mission, split up and searched and done in less than an hour.  BONUS:  if all fit in her trunk.  We paid ahead for a tray from Casey's and it was done.  Jim is bringing wood today and Travis already delivered the hay bales.  I just got off the phone with Gina for our semi-annual catch up with her giving regrets.  We laughed and shared stories about horses and daughters and grandkids and getting old.  Made my day.

My heart is broken for the state of Florida.  There will be months without power due to infrastructure damage, much like Puerto Rico which STILL needs help.  Take care of your country feds.  If we fall, so will you.

^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment