Monday, October 22, 2018

hen party

I love it when the funeral home is empty and me and Kay and Janie can visit between phone calls.  Janie has a new computer and it was giving her fits.  I dropped off what paperwork I had for "my file" which Kay had already started, believe it or not.  She is an organizational wizard and one of them can't function without the other.  We spent about 15 minutes talking pre-arrangement and two hours on life.  To say we go way back is an understatement.   Now there's a form to fill out and additional insurance to buy which should be cheap.  I don't want anybody left holding the bag on this one.

I skipped the walk today because I was getting shin splints so I'll be back at it tomorrow.  I had to call my girl Gracie and sing happy birthday on the phone and she told me all about her day.  What a sweetheart.  She asked if I have psychic powers because I know she's 11.  I told her me and Mammy are telepathic.  

Haven't checked the news today because, well.  You know.  I have an interview next week for my next piece.  Between then and now, Harvey will swoop in for a day and the Community Cancer Fund will pimp BBQ and taters' and onions in their new location on the north wide of the square so as not to interfere with early voting.  Wise move.  

It's good to have days filled with purpose...otherwise I would just go into the rabbit hole.  Being able to do these things without work getting in the way is worth being broke.  

As Jerry would say "Happy marvelous Monday!"


No comments:

Post a Comment