Friday, October 26, 2018

taters and onions

As promised, I showed up on the square to help with the tater and onion part of the Community Cancer Fund event.  When I showed up I asked Jeff what I needed to do and he said for me to back up because it's a war zone up here!  He and the mayor were hard at it with plenty of help so I went to the back up tent provided by Hexpol and hung out with Yaya and her bunch.  I was able to get little snacks from them.  I watched those guys up on a stage doing their thing and fondly remembered my daddy and Joe Wood doing the exact same thing out of the back of a pickup at Moody Wadley.  They were the pioneers of that piece.  Tyson sold out of their dolla' sausage quickly.  It was gone by the time I ran into Vick and her empty bag.  She got her some taters though! I saw a lot of people I knew and met some that I didn't know.  It was a Norman Rockwell kind of event with community coming together for a good local cause.  Funds raised by this organization are kept locally for cancer patients whereas Relay for Life adds to the coffers of the American Cancer Society.  One of my dear friends, a colon cancer survivor, is on the CCF board.  She got the good news this week that she is dismissed from having to see her oncologist after 15 years.  Way to go girl!!  Keep up with those scopes :)

It already looks like November.  The trees are finally changing to gold and orange and it's cold and dreary.  So, um.  They caught the bomber guy in Florida, a registered Republican. Not that it matters by any means.  I mean the Dems are just as likely to send threats, right?  Hell no.  All we want is to reach across the aisle but there's nobody willing to move toward center.  Pisses me off bad.  House of Cards has got me fired up, even though it's the Dems in power there.  It shows me how the game is played at that level.  

Expect nothing.  Give it all you got ^j^












No comments:

Post a Comment