Tuesday, October 16, 2018

enough is enough

It was a real treat to watch Let's Make a Deal today while I was keeping Reaves.  Fun and diversion from the madness I found when I finally checked the news.  I picked baby girl  up from a friend while Lauren was at a meeting.  She went to the doc and had her knee surgery scheduled before that.  Reaves is walking like a pro, I must add.  We played and talked and she actually repeats what she hears.  Her current favorite is i.LOVE.you. If I'm lying I'm dying.  I got to see Sam and Granny Jo and TT.  And of course Erica's little tribe.  

There are a group of Republican senators who think that a trillion dollar in the hole budget will be solved by cutting SS and Medicare benefits.  Notice I didn't call them entitlements because they are not.  We have paid in a fair amount over our working lives trusting the government to repay us in the "golden years."  That is the majority of my income now and I'm not Medicare eligible yet.  And it's just me.  

After a not too well paid veteran healthcare career I decided that the toll it was taking on my body was not worth risking what mobility I have.  Two RTC surgeries in three years, one that wasn't very successful.  You're 62 now.  It may not be there much longer.  Do you SEE how scary that is?

I want universal healthcare.  This for profit shit is killing more people than helping them.  There will still be a need for brokers like Blue Cross only they won't have stockholders waiting for a payback.  The normal pattern of buy up and cut back is what a lot of healthcare providers are doing.  For profit.  For stockholders.  Our electrical supplier TVA is the same way.

As long as my girls are smiling, life is good ^j^








1 comment:

  1. I have said for years that by the time I was old enough for medicare it would fizzle out. Looks like that is happening.

    ReplyDelete