Sunday, October 7, 2018

pass the popcorn

It's been years since I actually went to the theater to see a movie but I wasn't about to miss A Star is Born.  Both the music and acting were superb plus there were a few tears shed.  There is something to be said for sitting in the dark watching a big screen.  No distractions, just the story.  Carol met me there and we were astounded at the cost of popcorn and a coke ( 23 bucks) so it's a good thing I had a corn dog beforehand.  The price of admission can't be beat though.  4.99 until after four.  My main takeaway was their honorable treatment of addiction as a disease.   Which is totally is.  Nobody is at fault.  You gotta' want to get better.

I missed a chance to fly this morning because I was asleep when Beth's text came.  Maybe next time.  I have SNL to look forward to.  I love me some YouTube and mine isn't even red.  It gives me the convenience to watch what I want to see at a convenient time, especially with late night comedy.  The days of October are slipping by quickly and it looks like we will have bonefire weather by reunion time.  Bring it, I say.  Ninety five degrees in October is NOT normal.  Thanks Obama.

Over and out from the lane.  Keep on keepin' on


No comments:

Post a Comment