Thursday, October 4, 2018

a day with mamye

Mamye needed to leave her car at Don's shop in Newbern so we met at FUMC and did the caravan thing up there.  It's a typical shop with cars and motorcycles, bottles of oil lined against the wall.  He's a racer at heart and has done Sturgis times whatever, Bonneville Salt Flats and so much more.  His team is Scatty racing.  We all go way back.  Mamye bought me lunch at Coby Jo's  and we headed on out toward Fowlkes.  There were a couple of other stops but we won't mention them, right Michelle?

I get to be grammaw tomorrow and I can't wait.  I still have birthday presents to deliver.  I feel very blessed to be friends with the people who are her tribe so that I get to see that sweet smile every day.  I figure the table and chairs will come in handy soon since art is essential.  I don't care if your a truck drivin' gun totin' sonofagun.  There's just something about creating an image that frees the soul.

My sister Helen called from OK City just to catch up and it took about two hours.  We talked about all things political, family and in between.  She, her cousin Janet and I were all the same age.  We talked about Mommy's house and her china which they shall have for Thanksgiving dinner.  I do so love me some tradition.

Front steps were halfway done this morning.  I think those guys hate it when I come up exploring with my phone cam.  Hey...it's part of the gig and I'm pimping you out!  I'm considering spending the night on that deck in a sleeping bag just for fun but i'd never make it without a toilet.  

Come together ~Right now


No comments:

Post a Comment