Saturday, October 20, 2018

ho hum

It's a beautiful day in the 'hood and the critters joined me for a walk.  Four days straight.  I can deal with the cold if it's not too bad but not with heat.  That's why I quit before.  For some reason my washer has decided to start wrapping things around the bottom where I have to sometimes CUT them out.  Bending over that washer for extending periods trying to get it unstuck sometimes isn't worth it.  

Today, as we all know, is a national holiday.  UT vs Alabama is a long and heated rivalry and I'm afraid the Vols are in for a tough fight.  My daddy had a print titled "Third Saturday in October."  Lord knows who has it now.  Back in the day it was party on at the kudzu bar for this game.  Gene is an Alabama fan and rang a bell loudly every time they made a touchdown.  Of course everybody else there was in orange.  I gave my last UT print to Lauren as a gift for her sponsor's husband.  If I know Ktown, it's pretty wild and wooly today.

Not only do I have cell service with the devil, I also have internet via a landline.  They refuse to carry service any further down the road so I'll also be looking for another internet provider as well as new cell service.  Once Lauren's phone is paid for....poof.  They're history.  The carpenter has had hip surgery so it's been quiet at the cabin for a bit.  I can certainly understand that as an occupational hazard.  The farm owner will be here next week for his bi-annual look see.  Most times he makes a road trip of it and visits places he's never been.  Real history buff.

Y'all keep it in the middle of the road.  ^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment