Saturday, March 24, 2018

raising hell

Kids will be kids until their reality turns into watching classmates get gunned down  at school.  Then they become adults way too soon.  The marches are going on all over the country including DC.  I'm right there with them in spirit.  There has been much ado about these protests being "politically motivated."  Bullshit.  It's about people with a passion and a cause that they believe in deeply.  AND it's mid-term election year.  Things should get interesting.  

I'm still waiting on an LTD decision and wrestling with getting health coverage.  Dental is a done deal.  The other is in limbo with healthcare.gov.  Sounds like I'll have to visit Brian again but this time I'll bring cake.  

Today is, as my brother the weather guy would say "blustery".  I've made my rounds through town and find myself here typing and watching the gray clouds roll.  I was planning a Jackson trip but Lauren had things to do so we rescheduled.  If we had to work around MY work too, we would never see each other.  Small blessings comes when least expected.

It took me a good three months to feel like a human again following the December surgery.  Winter went on forever and I sat here hurting like a mofo in between treatments with Gay.  MFR is not a quick fix by any means.  You can take an opiate for that, if you can get one.  Regular treatments are a huge part of healing the body.  Since the surgery, my knee went out and she has improved that as well plus showed me some self treatment options.  I sleep with my therapy ball every night.

Yesterday I had a childhood flashback and put some daffodils in a glass with blue colored water.  It's amazing to watch that color creep up into the yellow bit by bit.  The dishes and clothes are washed so I have time to piddle today and clear a path in the living room.  It's a dangerous place to navigate.  

Happy weekend to all y'all and your mama'n'them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment