Sunday, March 18, 2018

in the dirt

My buddies at Pennington's loaded up the two straw bales for me early on yesterday. They now have basil and mint, btw.  And a few 'maters if you're one on prepping indoors.  I think I'll try that.  Last year's bales have turned into compost which is a nice value added piece.  Those guys love me.  Well all except for the grumpy one.  They don't carry my kind of compost so off to Lowe's I went with straw hanging out the open trunk.  Hey...don't laugh.  I've done it before.  

Our plans for a stroll down to Jackson Walk Plaza got squished because it was cool and Reaves is sick.  She was happy to see Grammaw and we had some special time.  She will smooth roll off a couch now and even a bed!  She plays hard and fights hard not to miss a thing.  We finally got her to give it up and sleep right before I left to come home.  

412 is a boring drive but made more tolerable today by the patches of spring color.  Not much traffic on Sunday or between 9 and 3.  Lauren bought lunch and we ate like mothers do from something disposable while she fed Reaves sweet 'taters.  Just another day in paradise.  Soon she will have a car and our visits will be different.  We've been together for almost 2 years at this, and I have faith ^j^






No comments:

Post a Comment