Wednesday, March 14, 2018

just call me snowflake

I watched live feeds of the student walkouts all over the country at 10am and I must say I'm impressed.  They are the generation who lives with the constant threat of gun violence in schools.  They are the ones who lost friends or were injured.  In spite of lots of chatter, they have organized themselves into a force that must be reckoned with.  I don't have the answers.  

I am the non-partisan voter who voted for an independent candidate in the presidential election.  I am, literally, a liberal Republican.  I believe in fiscal responsibility which includes working for benefits if possible.  I am pro-choice, recently pro death penalty if done swiftly with accurate evidence and believe in equality for all in spite of race, religion or sexual preference.   Truth be told, there are millions out there like me who don't want to be pegged as a follower of a particular party.  I watch them both and what they do.  I believe that Donald Trump has failed his party and this country miserably and if they could oust him they would.   Enough about politics.  I refuse to engage in name calling over that OR religion.  Speaking of fiscal responsibility, how about that parade and that wall?  How many folks could be fed or have health care coverage for what all that will cost?

I believe that gun safety should be mandatory training for any child, especially who lives in a home where guns are kept within reach of kids.  They need to realize how a gun works and its' safety features.  Their parents should assume responsibility for making sure that happens.  

It's a beautiful day in the hood and the 'gentral was calling my name this morning because.....cat food.  I can't keep the dogs out of it so it goes quick.  They hear it hit the plate, wait for Lily to abandon it and grub.  Such is life in our abode.  

I fought a battle with multiflora rose and lost miserably yesterday so there's plenty of scratches to prove it.  The cropduster is hard at it again buzzing my house every five or ten minutes.  Farmer Joey and his crew were out with trucks full of whatever yesterday.  It's plantin' time in Tennessee and per crop rotation I will be surrounded again by corn come July.  It's like living in a box.  

All y'all and your mama'n'them be safe and blessed ^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment