Sunday, March 25, 2018

back to the future

I haven't been in the lab since the last day I worked in December except for one tearful visit when I realized that I couldn't do the job anymore.  I have an appointment with a new PCP/NP tomorrow so I went up today to get some labs run before I go.  This visit was different and I got lots of hugs and love from my peeps.  We compared grandchild stories and discussed life in general while the TSH ran ( which takes forever ) and it was good to be with them again.  Most of them are counting the days until they're out as well.  We are all old and tired and have done our time.  

Finally I got notification in the mail that the LTD has been approved so now I know what I have to work with for the next few years.  That's a relief that has been a long time coming.  That first check will be put aside for the beach.

As I drove through the 'burg I noticed that the cross on the lawn of FUMC is draped for Holy Week and has palm fronds on it.  Nice touch.  Next Sunday it will become alive with flowers as the tradition of the flowering cross.  People come from all over town to take Easter pictures in front of it!

It's cool still but it was so cold in January that this seems like summer.  I've got 'maters started in pots inside waiting for the day when they can safely go into the bales.  Those daffodils in the blue water are now edged with a blue tint.  Amazing stuff is usually quite simple.

As we go through this week let's not forget what kind of deceit and betrayal followed the triumphal entry.  Hosanna ^j^





No comments:

Post a Comment