Sunday, September 17, 2017

timeline

As usual I had the details off and, as usual Wayne corrected me on the year of the horrible tornado.  Dates kind of run together now when I try to remember things.  All I remember was the terror of it and so many casualties.  I went out there with Gumbler while he was constructing the new cross and was amazed at what he was doing.  He was a part of another adventure when one night he was cutting a utility pole for a bonfire and it turned over on him trapping him in the ditch down the lane.  All kinds of folks came as first responders after he called me from the ditch in a plea for help.  The crew used pure strength to lift the pole up while others slid a piece of metal under him and pulled him out to safety.  They were prepared to give him morphine and transport but he got up and walked away like nothing happened.  He did have a couple of shots of Evan to calm his nerves.  

Lauren is still on hold until she hears from the doc tomorrow and has a shower today in Jackson thrown by her local peeps.  The BP is still kind of wonky but not hospital worthy.  Walgreen's gave her a reading of 160/105 on Friday which sent her to JMCGH emergency OB triage.  It was normal there.  Sometimes you just don't trust it unless it's done the old fashioned way with cuff and stethoscope.  Whatever happens we are T minus 2 weeks and counting.  

She was born on September 22nd after two days of sporadic contractions at home.  On the third day I showed up and told them I couldn't take it any longer which ended up with an induction and 12 hours of labor plus forceps.  My legs were numb until the next day and still swollen!

I've had two back to back 12 hour naps and done very little so my shoulder is not hurting today.  So, duh.  Rest is the answer only it's not possible when working full time. Catch 22.  I have all sorts of appointments lined up for the next two weeks and may or may not make them according to what baby Reaves does.  

So far there's no news on Barnabus the wonder dog who went missing on Friday.  Hopefully he will be found and get another chance at a forever home.

As for the nozy asses they're every freakin' where.  They meddle and stir and generally keep folks in a twit for their own pleasure.  I can't stand this kind of behavior.  Drama is not my friend.

Enjoy your Sunday wherever you are and whomever you're with.  As for me, it's the critters on Pecan Lane.

^j^







No comments:

Post a Comment