Friday, September 29, 2017

the learning curve

Except for what little I did with Jordan, I haven't cared for a baby in 33 years.  I have the diapering and feeding down and learned how to mix today.  Reaves stayed in the hospital with Lauren on the mama baby ward after her admission on Wednesday evening for toxemia.  Her friends helped a LOT because she was tied to a catheter and IV to get her blood presssure down. Kinda hard to take care of a baby like that.  

They managed and today she feels much better.  Her staples are out so that's a score on what would have been a doc's visit.  We had to drop off a script for BP meds at Kroger and then headed straight to the little community she calls home.  These people are freakin' awesome!  The weather has cooled so Reaves and I sat outside for a bit chilling with nature.  I remember doing that with Lauren too.

They knocked a ton of fluid off of her so she should be good to go with some sleep.  The thing that is most important to me is that during our week together I became a part of the family that has been HER family for almost two years.  They give me peace of mind to go about my business without worrying that she'll be caught in a bind.  

It takes a village ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment