Tuesday, September 5, 2017

click it or ticket

90% of the time I wear my seat belt....100% on the highway.  Occasionally around town I forget like when I'm cruising city streets at 15 mph.  This afternoon I was about to turn onto Cedar Street and spotted a trooper with a guy pulled over.  I immediately buckled up and this dude jumped in the car and followed me around the corner to make my day.  There was no time for video so it was his word against mine.  I was firmly buckled up when he approached the window and ran my ID.  The smartass grin on his face when I asked him if he had me on tape was sickening.  "I saw you with no belt on" he said.  Right.  While I truly understand the importance of safety on the roadway, I think it's a bit of overkill to have state troopers trolling city streets for seatbelt violations just to meet quotas and feed the court system.  Local law enforcement is too busy working to be trolling grandmothers in waiting.  The fee this time will be 75 bucks if I'm not mistaken.  All three times have been the same scenario.....an overzealous trooper on a mission to meet that quota while hiding and waiting for some poor sucker who had a brain fart.  Thanks Officer Brewer!  What was a lovely day ended up with you in my face.

I had just left physical therapy which is going well.  I'll be back there again tomorrow.  The progress has been slow but steady and I'm pleased with the treatments.  Fred and I talked about Fat Bastard in NOK and what the options are.  First there's do nothing.  Then there's cutting trade in various sectors. Then there's a nuclear war.  I don't know about ya'll but I am partial to do nothing but be diplomatic and play nice.  Yeah I know.  I'd say at this point we need to be besties with China since we owe them our entire country and they're a major player in this deal.  

I've been catching all kind of jokes about my story of the cat smacking my face with the bulletin board.  "That's your story, huh? "  You can't make this shit up.  Mitzi brought some to die for cuteness today for Reaves.  I sent Lauren a picture and she gushed like BIG time.  

Here's hoping Irma doesn't live up to her expectations ^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment