Saturday, September 23, 2017

the next right thing

Sorry for delayed communications on the birth of Reaves.  It's been a long week getting her here and Lauren recovering.  Reaves is still in the light box getting her jaundice treated and Lauren has a friend spending the night to help with feedings and such because of a c-section. I'm home for the evening and back there tomorrow for discharge and homecoming.

Jackson Madison County Regional is an excellent well staffed facility.  Their employees are pleasant and dedicated to a quality experience for not just the patient but family as well.  I was there as my daughter's advocate and we stuck together for five days without killing each other.  We both cried now and then and felt sorry for ourselves.  I watched, as a healthcare provider, how the whole thing operates on a larger level than where I work.  There are stories of random acts of kindness and people watching that will be shared as I remember them.

The most important thing is that after four days of labor, Reaves was born healthy.  I attended my first live c-section as the end of coach duty.  It was straight out of Grey's Anatomy, just saying.  After some time in recovery following several days of L/ D ( thanks y'all ) we shuffled on into a mother baby unit where all went well until the bilirubin shot up and Lauren got a spinal headache.  I'm home for the night and heading back tomorrow for the transition to Aspell.  When I left Reaves was still nekkid and under the strobe lights but right there with Mom and her tribe. And you know what?  I can't wait to see that mean mug again ^j^ 


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for taking the time out to share the story of Reaves's birth.

    ReplyDelete