Wednesday, August 8, 2012

WTF??

As mentioned before, I am not real good at keeping up with the finances because it's so complicated that avoidance takes over. The long stretch of un and underemployment for my roommate put us in a hole so deep we're digging like crazy trying to find a way out. We agreed today that she will keep the balance current for me, good bad or ugly. My dream would be NOT to live on a tropical island with a cabana boy and a yacht but to not have to worry if what I'm purchasing is affordable, especially when it's food or fuel to get to work. I have not purchased any new scrubs in about five years because it's just not worth it to me to look cute there. I'll wear the old ones and carry on as usual. We're coming out of a multi-year dress code fiasco when each department was assigned two colors so that the clients could recognize which area we worked. How 'ya think that worked out? NOT good. That was when I dumped everything I had and took on the ones that my friend Sherry left as she moved for yet another different dress code. Haven't seen her in years but she will always be in my heart for that simple gesture.

I chatted with my Indian friend at the gas station and asked him about the shooting in Wisconsin. He is Hindu, and contrasted the two religions for me. According to him, their worship styles are similar to his own belief system and harmless. Very very peaceful people. I'm not gonna dwell on it because I think that makes the whole thing worse, but I will say this. If these right wing NRA types don't clamp down on the automatic weapons business, we're gonna be doing a civil war here just like in Syria. THINK about it! Russia hates us. Asia hates us. That's two out of umm..how many? Oh yeah, Mexico ain't too fond of us either. We are running out of options and now is the time to solid steady thinking, not an election based on fierce emotions stirred up by campaign aides and the MSM. Poor Harry Reid...he just needs to go sit in his rocker and enjoy life.

There have been no major fires with the grands to put out lately, but I know that the next one is just around the bend. We'll see how quickly the US Department of Veterans Affairs decides to deal with an elderly active duty soldier. It was his duty and honor to serve his country during the Korean war and he ended up in the Azore Islands of all places. I am required to mail his "original" discharge paper called form # something. Now how many 81 year old guys could come up with that? By golly, he did. Mom has had phone problems because her Jitterbug has this on off button that she pushes occasionally while fumbling for the operator. Plus the house phone (they insist) isn't working because something is full and *DAMN* I don't know. One phone is plenty!

This too shall pass ya'll. I've been in this funk many times before, always asking myself if I got too cocky or took more credit for something than I should have. I try really hard to look at the effects that I've had on other lives and just appreciate the "me" in them. And just like that writer told me all those years ago "You've got stories to tell."

P.S. It's still hot as hell.



1 comment:

  1. Poopie, I keep you in my prayers. And I agree with you about the NRA.

    ReplyDelete