Friday, August 17, 2012

ain't it grand?

We got blessed with a terrific thunderstorm last night and I thoroughly enjoyed drifting off to the noise and light show courtesy of mother nature. The dogs were appropriately concerned and Sam watched as long as he could to keep his mama safe. Eventually, all five of us snoozed out. If you do the math it goes something like this..one 80 lb lab, one ? lb me, plus three smaller dogs. On a full size mattress that sits on a queen size spring. Tell me I ain't living right! When I headed into town to pay the loan sharks catch up on some bills I noticed limbs down EVERYWHERE and a lot of trees too. I would suppose that the 'burg proper got more high wind that we did here on the hill. These ancient pecan trees tend to drop huge limbs especially when wet and I've barely missed getting bombed by them several times. We are never at a loss for firewood, I can tell you that.

The progress at Casa Poops on the clean and sort deal is slow but sure, knowing that the time is now to travel light and look ahead towards practical. One of the most satisfying things is picking through stray beads that I've collected over the years. With one eye toward creativity, I'm planning to use them on frames made from barn wood... if the horse ever dies, that is. He got a brand new roll of hay yesterday delivered right in front of the barn door. Nice photo op, if you know what I mean. Looks like more rain today so it's good to be tucked inside the cozy house on the hill at the top of Pecan Lane. I remember Hoss telling me years ago to share my walks through pictures so he could see way over in Oregon what was happening in my 'hood. I suppose that's when the camera bug bit. Now I catch myself grabbing for the camera even when I'm out and about and see something totally cool like monkeys in the car or Sylvester on his bike. When you frame life like shots, it's a given that there an inner photographer somewhere up in there.

On this day at this moment, I am at peace with the world no matter who is higher up in the polls. I refuse to let the main stream media poison my mind with all the bad shit that's going on when there's so much good to report. If it's a weather emergency or the world is ending, fine. Otherwise, give me a happy story. Somehow I don't think all the emergency preparedness in the world will save us when Big Ernie decides he wants a do-over. I'm not real big on old testament stories but the one about the false idols and orgies and what not? It sticks in my mind, particularly in this day and time. I was chatting with a friend today about men in general and a couple in specific and she was glowing from the experience of being courted. I honestly would now know, for every relationship I've had as a 10 year divorcee has gone by the wayside. We talked about opposites attracting and decided that at this point in our lives, we need to look for something in common.

Keep the faith ya'll ^j^




1 comment:

  1. Something in common would be good in this neck of the woods too. Tired of giving up my singing, my music, my poetry, my blogging. Need to start focusing on me more. I'm a bit worn out from all the drama and the "look at me" self centered-ness that is the existence I'm surrounded by. Not whining, because what I have is what I came back to. Just saying, time is short, need to focus.
    Hugs and prayers.

    ReplyDelete